Encourage Andrew Romanoff to challenge Diana DeGette in a primary

Hey all,

I subscribe to emails from several politicians, both sides of the aisle. In reply to a recent request for donations from Andrew Romanoff, who is currently running against Cong Coffman, I stated that I would support his campaign if he changed races and challenged Diana DeGette instead. Her recent comments at the DP gun debate forum (which I attended) exemplify why term limits are needed.

That would be some change I could support!

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will Andrew Romanoff offer as much "entertainment value" as Diana DeGette?  Certainly more people should be able to respond affirmatively to Danny Stroud's message "Do you regret DeGette?" after that debate.

Wilma, I agree. DeGette's "entertaining statements" should drive more people to Stroud, but on the DP blogs her constituents were as likely to support her as not (although it was encouraging to hear some of them say they will no longer vote for her).

It's great that Danny put up a choice, but it may be a cold day in a hot place before Denver ever votes in a Republican. Getting Romanoff voted in instead of DeGette would serve two purposes. 1) get a more reasonable Democrat in office 2) not have such a strong contender for Coffman. While it would be great to turn Denver Republican, it would be disastrous for C.D. 6 to turn Democrat.

Cathy, this is a WONDERFUL idea. But, since Romanoff is running in CD6, he doesn't meet the residency requirements for running in CD1, I suspect. Even the Denver (Com)Post made a ruckus about the need for a Democratic Party primary in CD1 in the 2012 election. Maybe it was just window dressing, but at least it's not just we who (constructively) have no representation in Congress as inmates of CD1 have finally had a voice in the public domain lament our saw finally.

As for the last time a non-Democrat held the seat for CD1, it amazingly has been within the last half century. History of Colorado's Congressional District 1.

Lisa, Thank you for adding the list.

Lisa G Spear said:

Cathy, this is a WONDERFUL idea. But, since Romanoff is running in CD6, he doesn't meet the residency requirements for running in CD1, I suspect. Even the Denver (Com)Post made a ruckus about the need for a Democratic Party primary in CD1 in the 2012 election. Maybe it was just window dressing, but at least it's not just we who (constructively) have no representation in Congress as inmates of CD1 have finally had a voice in the public domain lament our saw finally.

As for the last time a non-Democrat held the seat for CD1, it amazingly has been within the last half century. History of Colorado's Congressional District 1.

Wilma, always happy to be of service! ;-D

Lisa, I realize the different residency requirements, but since Romanoff represented a Denver District while in the Colorado legislature, maybe he has residency in both places? Or could move (back). Other than having drunk too much of the liberal Kool-Aid, he could make a decent legislator. Hopefully he will follow the adage, "if you're not a liberal when young, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative when more mature, you have no brain."

Mr Romanoff mortgaged his Washington Park home in order to finance his unsuccessful challenge to Michael Bennett in the Democratic primary for the CO US Senate seat. So, he was forced to sell the home after the race, and the Party encouraged him to move to his new residence specifically so he could challenge Congressman Coffman. The Dems are SERIOUS about getting that seat. So much so, that they have a national campaign to oust Coffman. I'd be very surprised if he pulled out of the CD6 race, and changed residency. Romanoff is very politically aware, and after how the race against Bennett came down, he is very unlikely to make the same mistake of primary-challenging a sitting favorite of the leftists in the Colorado Democratic Party. IMHO, of course.

Cathy Mitchell said:

Lisa, I realize the different residency requirements, but since Romanoff represented a Denver District while in the Colorado legislature, maybe he has residency in both places? Or could move (back). Other than having drunk too much of the liberal Kool-Aid, he could make a decent legislator. Hopefully he will follow the adage, "if you're not a liberal when young, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative when more mature, you have no brain."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Chairman's Committee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service